attaching furring strips to block

What the easiest and fastest way to attach furring strips to concrete block. Is a power actuated nailer overkill?

-------------------------------------

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 342832 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
bmancanfly

brettgiardiello_at_bellsouth_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (bmancanfly) wrote in news:49a9b3e3$0$28467$ snipped-for-privacy@news.usenetserver.com:

Since that is your only requirement, duct tape.

Reply to
Red Green

Powder nailer is the first thing I thought of. You'll need the #1 cartridges, most likely.

You can also use toggle or molly bolts, or you can hammer in concrete nails by hand.

Reply to
SteveBell

I always used a couple cut nails to hold it in place and Liquid nail. The Liquid nail is so good, if you try to pull them off, the wood will stick to the block.

Hank

Reply to
Hustlin' Hank

Hi, Adhesive of a kind.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I like using Tap Cons Jr

Jerry - OHIO

I'd vote for spray foam from a can.

Nick

Reply to
nicksanspam

I have always used fluted masonry nails with the liquid nails. Hard to beat that combination.

Reply to
tmurf1