Attaching a wood strip to

John:

J > I am attempting to install a mirrored sliding glass door in a bedroom J > and the installation instructions call for nailing a wood strip about J > 3/4" of an inch wide onto the floor (a metal track then fits over this J > strip). The kit included concrete nails. I tried them on my terrazzo J > floor and all I have done was to shatter the terrazzo. J > J > What do I use to attach this strip to a terrazzo floor?

No direct experience but I would think Liquid Nails would do the job. This adhesive does come in a small tube (also a large cylinder for applying with a caulk gun). Be careful to only apply where you want it as difficult to remove.

  • ALL - noun. A petroleum-based lubricant.
Reply to
barry martin

Then what the hell are you opening your mouth for?

Rent one of those thingies with the gunpowder charge to drive in a couple 1' diameter spikes. Then take a power grinder and flush it to the surface followed but some shoe polish to hide it. Don't forget to match the color. Piece of cake. I do it like that all the time and I ALWAYS DO EVERYTHING BETTER THAN ANYBODY ELSE.

Reply to
Arts Hack Repair

I assume you have concrete under the tile. If so, you could use a masonry bit and drill a hole through the tile and into the concrete and use masonry screws instead of the nails that came with your kit. Or, you can drill a pilot hole into the tile/concrete and then use the nails that came with the kit. Driving nails with a hammer directly into concrete isn't a good idea.

Reply to
fatman985