Att. Canadians; history of the acrewdriver

Att. Canadians; history of the acrewdriver

micky

Wow, a Canadian with a good idea. Wonders never cease.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

You must have seen this where lefties are discriminated regarding this:

invalid unparseable

The real wonder is micky coming up with something useful. I never knew the complete history. In the early '70s I was setting up a system in Ontario and needed screws to mount limit switches. I asked the mechanic if he had any and he came back with an assortment of Robertson heads. A quick trip to Canadian Tire got me a set of drivers. I thought they were the greatest thing since sliced bread and wondered why the US used Phillips. Despite having decent drivers form #0 to #5 I've had issues with Phillips heads.

The local Ace store has a limited selection of Robertson screws but now the world has moved on to Torx. At least they're better than Phillips. I'll admit to being lazy and using drywall screws for unintended purposes but I really wish I could find them with Robertson heads. I know they exist, if only in Canada.

Reply to
rbowman

The best technique for driving a phillips or slotted head acrew is to use a hammer.

Reply to
Skid Marks