Asbestos shingle

What do you do if you have asbestos shingles on your house and want to remove them to install vinyl siding? do you side over the asbestos shingle? or remove it? The asbestos shingle is not holding the paint it just peels off. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Me

You pay someone 7-14 thousand dollars to take them off and hide them somewhere, or you choose a type of paint that's designed for masonry, and whatever the underlying paint layer is.

Reply to
default

You must be a licensed asbetos dude to remove them. I believe you can cover them though, with paint or siding, with no special precuations. I'm not an EPA person so you may want to get more solid information..

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

In the Philadelphia PA area you are allowed to remove the asbestos shingles. there are no restrictions. Any landfill will take them. Just dont try cutting them. The dust will contain asbestos fibers

Reply to
PAUL100

Hell Toupee