Are there empty caulking cartridges out there?

I have a need to use wax as a caulk. Is there a caulking gun or tube or cartridge out there that is fillable with the substance of your choice?

I am planning on stuffing it with toilet ring wax... is there a softer wax that would be easier to load and squeeze?

Idealy, is there a pure wax caulk in a tube out there?

thanks

Reply to
Jess Fertudei

I'd look into whether they make a suitable caulking product for use in a sausage caulking gun.

Jim Joyce

That lists cartridges and also some bulk loading guns. Some idea of your application would be good. I've used toilet ring wax (which isn't beeswax anymore) to make wax bullets but I melted it in a mixture with paraffin. It didn't seem like anything you coulld squeeze out of a caulking gun.

Reply to
rbowman

So, I have now ordered the refillable tubes and a high thrust 26 to 1 Red Devil gun that I hope really is better than my conventional guns. What I need now, is a bulk wax that is fairly soft... toilet ring is what I would use if trowelling it in but that's not what I am shooting for. Squeezeable is what I am hoping for.

Reply to
Jess Fertudei

True beeswax is pretty expensive but can be cut with turpentine. The expense is why the toilet bowl rings are proprietary blends of petroleum and/or vegetable waxes, possibly with other compounds. They're cheap enough that you could experiment with solvents to see if you can get a softer version.

There are squeezable waxes for furniture finishing but they're pricey too. It all depends on how much you need for your project.

Reply to
rbowman

This may a better url:

Well it looks very similar, except the 2nd half which looks very strange, but when I tried yours I only got gun accessories.

Reply to
micky

I'm assuming your not trying to make toilet rings. It woudl help to know what you are trying to do.

You might have to warm the wax, but I don't khow how much. You can probably warm it while it is in the gun, at least if you get the water to about the temp you want the wax.

Reply to
micky

Both links go to the same exact page for me.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Temporarily I was using Edge. I can't find a location bar, only a search bar. I'm going back to FF tomorrow.

Reply to
micky

On Sun, 25 Oct 2020 17:23:45 -0400, Jess Fertudei posted for all of us to digest...

The other posts were great. We might be able to help you better if we knew what you were trying to accomplish. Just say'n.

Let us know how it turns out.

Reply to
Tekkie©