Are Circuit Breakers of different brands interchangable

You dirty old man!

Reply to
krw

If $35 is "not expensive". I'd swap some wires before replacing things.

Reply to
krw

Bingo! I love it when they plug it into the battery backup power supply. I wind up fixing a computer that's been fed dirty power, repairing or replacing the battery backup unit and or associated power strips that have melted. Oh look, a receptacle, I can plug in my 1500 watt ceramic heater and keep my legs warm! o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Red,

I don't and that recall was more than 25 years ago for panels made at least

35 years ago. I recall it because we had a store using that panel.

The owner did not want to upgrade the service so we just kept replacing breakers as they died. The building is still in use so it has not burnt down since then. :)

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

No. Just swap the two wires and see if the other breaker trips. If it does, you do not need a breaker, you need an electrician to determine and correct the fault.

Reply to
Power Electric - Orange County

Thanks for the reply....but the house in question has been sold for about 4 years now.

Mark

Reply to
makolber