Appliance industry warns....

The little poem my HS chem teacher taught us was:

If you're doing what you aughter Add the acid to the water May your rest be long and placid If you add the water to the acid

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

So, if I buy a container of muriatic acid, I have the use the entire container at one time? I can't use just part of it now and the rest at a later date?

Reply to
Muggles

I never took chemistry. That's the first time I've seen that little poem.

Reply to
Muggles

[you can remove the remaining acid by] a flush down the

flushing] has enough swirling and stirring action that

I added some [text] to my last comments. I wasn't very clear. You can use part of the acid now, and part later. Please don't add water to the acid that is in the store container.

Sorry about being unclear. Ah, well. That's why we communicate back and forth.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

ahh ok ...I got it. Thanks for clarifying. :)

Reply to
Muggles

Jul snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote: "I have never understood where the heavy metal thing came from. Do that many people eat heavy metals? Must be all of that Led Zeppelin they listened to in the 70s. "

Funny! Heavy metals include Lead, Mercury, Aluminum, and Cadmium.

Lead accumulated from drinking water passing through pipes with lead joints.

Mercury is a by-product of burning coal for energy, and was also used widely in dental fillings. Also a preservative in many vaccines.

Aluminum was present as a preservative in foods, cookware was made of it, and it was in deoderant. Still is, but now you can buy aluminum free deoderant. Aluminum is linked to dementia and Alzheimers, short term memory loss.

Cadmium? In cigarettes, and in all those batteries that ended up in landfills and infiltrated the water table.

And you wonder why SO MANY PEOPLE ARE SICK ALL THE TIME? And why Autism and other disorders now affect the MAJORITY of school-age children?

The 19th & 20th centuries - industrial era begins and humans are exposed to toxins on an unprecedented level their bodies could never begin to cope with! Trace amounts are one thing, but this is wholesale onslaught.

Reduce/eliminate exposure to heavy metals and preservatives in food, and chronic illness, mental disorders, and other disabilities will also be reduced.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

It's more of a concern with concentrated sulphuric acid. Sulphuric is heavier than water, and some what viscous.

Less a concern with hydrochloric acid.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Another dumb question here: If mixing h.acid and water can be bad if you pour water into the h.acid, why isn't it bad if you pour the acid into the water? Is the action of pouring the acid into the water enough to make them mix enough to not cause a bad reaction?

I was wondering if I should stir the water by flushing first and when it's almost done filling and the waters still moving that's when I should add the acid because it would mix better? The CLR did a great job on the sides and rim, and I have half the container left and was going to use it on the calcium that's left in the very bottom where the S trap is located. If that doesn't work on the S trap calcium I'm going to buy some of the muriatic acid and use a small amount of that to finish up. I'll have some left if I need it in the future, too.

Reply to
Muggles

If you add acid to water any splashes will be the water, doing it the other way around the acid will be what splashes.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Jul snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote: "I have never understood where the heavy metal thing came from. Do that many people eat heavy metals? Must be all of that Led Zeppelin they listened to in the 70s. "

Funny! Heavy metals include Lead, Mercury, Aluminum, and Cadmium.

Lead accumulated from drinking water passing through pipes with lead joints.

Mercury is a by-product of burning coal for energy, and was also used widely in dental fillings. Also a preservative in many vaccines.

Aluminum was present as a preservative in foods, cookware was made of it, and it was in deoderant. Still is, but now you can buy aluminum free deoderant. Aluminum is linked to dementia and Alzheimers, short term memory loss.

I wonder can I sue the Uncle Sam for negligence because I am starting to get Alzheimer's

Cadmium? In cigarettes, and in all those batteries that ended up in landfills and infiltrated the water table.

And you wonder why SO MANY PEOPLE ARE SICK ALL THE TIME? And why Autism and other disorders now affect the MAJORITY of school-age children?

The 19th & 20th centuries - industrial era begins and humans are exposed to toxins on an unprecedented level their bodies could never begin to cope with! Trace amounts are one thing, but this is wholesale onslaught.

Reduce/eliminate exposure to heavy metals and preservatives in food, and chronic illness, mental disorders, and other disabilities will also be reduced.

Reply to
tony944

tony944:

Instead of suing the govt perhaps you should listen to Pacifica Radio(WBAI) more often.

Reply to
thekmanrocks