Appliance industry warns....

No kidding? I'm going to have to try that because some nights I just don't sleep well because of a painful bursitis in my hip. I hate taking pain killers cuz they make me feel groggy the next morning. I think I'll try it tonight, too. Thanks for the tip.

I've got some epsom salt, so I'll see how that works for me. I appreciate the information.

Reply to
Muggles

ok

Reply to
Muggles

Years ago I persuaded my sister to try it. She raved about how much energy it gave her in the morning. She said she was afraid to take any after noon because something that potent would keep her awake all night. I told her the same mineral that perks me up like coffee in the morning, relaxes me like a nightcap at bedtime.

My brother contacted me in desperation. Doctors were prescribing sedatives, but he hadn't been sleeping. I told him about Epsom salt. If you're deficient in magnesium, your brain may have trouble switching down to a rest mode. He tried it, quit the drugs, and raved about it.

My sister insisted on putting a little Epsom salt in her hand and washing it down with water. Mixing Epsom salt in water worked well for my brother, but he changed to pills because he felt that was the proper way to take a supplement.

I think they're wrong. If you dilute it and drink it, it will reach your blood quickly, and your body will associate the effects with the taste. That way, it can tell you when more would be good, just as it tells you how fast to breathe. Your consumption can vary according to your requirement that day.

My aunt is a retired nurse. She began keeping a bottle on the counter because I recommended it. She says she knows it's good because it tastes better than tap water. That's why I drink it, too. It tastes good because it had good effects.

Most of what's for sale says USP. That means it's safe to swallow. USP grade can have up to 1% impurities, IIRC, but they're known to be safe. Periodically, I've used baking soda to clean out a brownish deposit in the bottom of my bottle. I think maybe it came from iron in the Epsom salt.

My last container of Epsom salt was a four-pound Rexall bag. Recently I started using a 1-pound Rexall bag. My first drink was a disappointment. It tasted like tap water! In a couple of minutes I knew it was Epsom salt because it had hit the spot. I guess what I've been tasting all these years was a trace mineral in the Epsom salt. Maybe the Rexall salt is now more purified, or maybe it comes from a different mine. I feel like a beer drinker whose favorite brand is no longer available!

Reply to
J Burns

And for those of us reading, please let us know if the stuff works for you. Always nice to hear from real people about real world experience.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

muriatic acid isnt nearly as hazardous as some believe.

pour some down the dip tube to clean the bowl rim

Reply to
bob haller

I sure will post the results. It'll be this afternoon before I get to the store, though, so I'll probably try the product later today.

Reply to
Muggles

dip tube? hmmm I tried to google that part on a toilet and got all sorts of pictures. Is that the round vertical pipe that has water trickling into it when it's flushed?

Reply to
Muggles

If I don't have any children or elderly in my house, why shouldn't I set the water heater wherever I like?

Cindy Hamilton

I bet I could get yer water hot, Cindy.

*I've always been partial to Cindy girls; I get real erotic images in my head.
Reply to
Edmund J. Burke

It's been a few years since I did toilet calcium scale removal. I remember using a turkey baster to remove the water, pour some CLR in, and then go to bed. Give it over night to work.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

ok

Reply to
Muggles

yes, it leads to the interior bowl rim where the water comes out to make the flush. when they get clogged the flush tends to just swirl around, and solids dont go down:(

muractic acid isnt a problem. open windows, turn on bath fan if you have one, wear safety glasses..

i intentionally put muriatic acid on my arm, it was a bit warm, and after a couple minutes i washed it off.

couldnt tell anything had occured

fear of acids is overblown.

although always dd acid to water, adding water to acid can cause splashing

Reply to
bob haller

What does 'dd acid to water' mean? "dd"? I'm not a plumber so ... lol

Reply to
Muggles

Might just be a type for "add"

Reply to
FrozenNorth

You'd need to be a chemist, not a plumber. The expression is "add" acid to the water, never the reverse. In the case of sulphuric acid, it's possible (when adding water to acid) that the water will float over the top of the heavier sulphric acid, and not mix properly. Other things go wrong, also.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Yours is a typo for "typo".

Love those comic moments.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

ok thanks

Reply to
Muggles

ok I'll make sure I add the acid to the water and not the other way around.

Reply to
Muggles

I hate when I do that. :-)

Reply to
FrozenNorth

I vaguely remember a film in chemistry class of doing it wrong. The mix got hot, and blew acid and water every which what way.

Yep, film. 16 MM with sound.

Fortunately, in the toilet example there is water in the bowl, and adding acid to water, correctly so. If there is some acid left, a flush down the drain has enough swirling and stirring action that it's a non issue.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I've dome that enough time, I get over it.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon