Any microwave ovens available with pop sensors?

If you have an electric oven, I don't see why you couldn't get an X10 unit to handle this.

Reply to
Larry Bud

A thermos, keeps hot hot and cold cold... How do it know?

Reply to
Larry Bud

Why don't you just set your microwave timer to pop 40 seconds more than the popcorn mode?

Or is pressing 4 more buttons too much work for you?

Reply to
Larry Bud

It's on the list to think about, after:

1) Paint back windows 2) Build pantry shelves 3) Wax the cat 4) Rip up kitchen floor, including the wood underneath, so I can insulate the crawl space under half the room. 5) Replace bathroom sink. 6) Spray paint vanity, hopefully achieving a piano finish 7) Remove wallpaper around shower because only lunatics have wallpaper in the shower. 8) Replace deadbolt in side door. 9) Install bars on basement windows 10) Fix dryer vent duct so it's more straight than convoluted. 11) Install fluorescent lights in basement so it doesn't look like Frankenstein's laboratory down there, with dark corners where who-knows-what might be living.

etc etc etc....

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Wax the cat?

Reply to
KLS

She gets really dirty while she's out hunting dogs and other trash animals. I figured a coat of wax might help her shed dirt.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

That sounds like something I was looking for (x10 circuit breakers). They're probably expensive.

Another thing you might be able to get somewhere, is a combination refrigerator / oven. It keeps the food cold until you tell it to start cooking.

Of course, it still won't stir the dinner for you.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

You might not think this is related, but:

Today I cleaned the holiday light stakes. These are 2.5-foot long pieces of 3/4-inch PVC pipe that have been in the ground. I use a hose nozzle to remove the dirt, which usually comes out in 5 or 6 inch long cylindrical pieces. It looks like someone used the yard for a toilet.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Yes, for temperature cooking. The microwave switches to that when the probe is plugged in.

That microwave quit one time (the only time it's had a problem). I removed the cover and looked around, knowing there would be almost nothing in there I could fix. The problem was a blown fuse, and Radio Shack had suitable replacements.

I haven't been in a Penney's since about 1984.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

X10 is the company that made themselves famous for the browser pop-up (and then pop-under) ad campaign. In my opinion, buying something from them is as bad as buying something from a spammer.

Just my opinion.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Because, at least in my oven, the transition time between all-popped and burnt to a crisp is about one second. The way I do it, to avoid burning, is to push the PC button, which gets it close then dive for the minute plus button when it times out. =20 Since I only use one type and brand, I really need to time a few bags, and put a label on the oven with the optimum cooking time.=20

BTW: The a new capacitor and fuse ($27.00) fixed it. =20

If they made this:

would blow the door off when it popped :-)

-- Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@" Spammers are Scammers. Exterminate them.

Reply to
Doug Warner

Uh,. That you can easily get. post your request at comp.home.automation

AMUN

Reply to
Amun

X10 is also a standard protocol for powerline communications. It (and the company) were around long before the cameras (poor quality) and the pop-ups.

It probably IS a good idea to avoid x10 (the company). Many other companies (such as Leviton) make products using the X10 protocol.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd