Any chemists? Need HCl advice

Good grief. Chlorine gas Chlorox

Reply to
krw

The spray Contains Oxalic Acid, Boric Acid and Urea, monohydrochloride.

The Super product containd: Sodium carbonate 497-19-8 3 - 7 Sodium hydrosulfite 7775-14-6 15 - 40 Sodium metabisulfite 7681-57-4 15 - 40 Citric acid 77-92-9 1 - 5 Sodium sulfite 7757-83-7 0.5 - 1.5 Sodium bisulfite 7631-90-5 0.1 - 1

Good for rust. Not , perhaps, so good for manganese and lime.

Reply to
clare

If anyone is interested in the outcome, it didn't work. I probably didn't put enough in and I wanted to save a little bit from the bottle for metal cleaning.

I guess I put about a cup in. Let it sit for two hours and came back and hit it with the brush. It lightened it a lot, but not all the way gone.

I'm out of "Bar Keeper's Friend" (Oxalic acid), so I'm going to try that next with gloves and elbow grease.

Reply to
G. Morgan