Anchor Fence Post in Concrete (or not)

On Sat, 07 Nov 2020 15:14:31 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com posted for all of us to digest...

I will note that when a vehicle collides with one I have never seen it sheared off at the ground usually 3' to 5' above ground. Makes it convenient for the PoCo to strap some tie arms to the sides with bolts and nylon straps...

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:23:19 -0500, micky posted for all of us to digest...

Oh man, one of those jobs left for others. It was probably creosote or some other concoction. The key word in this is *pressure* treated wood.

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Fri, 6 Nov 2020 11:32:12 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com posted for all of us to digest...

I saw some pictures of someone setting posts with a special foam material. The foam comes in a sealed two compartment bag that gets mixed on site by breaking the seal and pouring the foam into the hole where it expands and sets the post.

Don't know cost, durability, benefits, liabilities so have at it.

Reply to
Tekkie©