Amana Microwave tripping house breaker

Trips house breaker when open or close door. I didn't try anything more. Model # EI30MO45GSA

Reply to
Robert

Likely a wire inside the unit has worn thru and is shorting. Or a piece of metal has fallen across some internal connection. You need someone experienced in troubleshooting electric appliances to open unit and investigate. Or just replace it.

Reply to
Grampy

A quick look suggests a door switch might be the problem.

Dean Hoffman

More here:

Dean Hoffman

For safety reasons there are 3 (or 4?) door switches on microwaves, to be sure to turn off the radiation when you open the door, so I suppose it could be any one of them. Important not to open the microwave cage because if don't put it together again right that will leak radiation, but these switches shouldn'tbe anywhere near the microwave cage. You can take th cover off the whole box and look for the switches.

Reply to
micky

Something wrong with the powere iput of the microwave if it blows the house fuse without blowing the internal pretection fuse and almost

100% NOT a soor switch problem. I would suspect the EMI protection (noise filter) device where the power cord enters the case. It is the only part NOT protected by the in case fuse according to the wiring fiagram and a LOT of experience with microwave ovens from many different suppliers.

That "amana" appears to be proiduced by electrolux?

Clare Snyder

Grampy snipped-for-privacy@example.com wrote in news:16830ecee5b113d7$1$1356503$ snipped-for-privacy@news.newsgroupdirect.com:

metal has fallen across some internal connection. You need someone experienced in troubleshooting electric appliances to open unit and investigate. Or just replace it.

You replied to the wrong post.

Reply to
Boris