Alarm system transformer + power supply (would both go bad at once?)

You need ceter tap to do a full wave rectification with two diodes vs.

4 without center tap which is bridge rectification.

You did not have to use exact OEM one, any x-former with same spec. would do. Only matter is physical dimension for fitment on the board.

Again no meed to get OEM one. Take the battery to battery shop, they will give replacement with same rating and size. If terminal is different size, you can just solder wires onto it. Or replace clips on the wires.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Just stating the facts.

So where's the beef?

Reply to
krw

It is a pain in the ass to become a Bosch (Radionics) dealer. The alarm companies that "pass" their standards; and are in a area that doesn't have too much competition from other Bosch dealers get the seal of approval to be a certified dealer.

You won't find a "certified dealer" selling parts outright, as you seem to know. However, there are ways to get parts. Most alarm companies that are not dealers buy through a competitor for parts. Since you can't go that route, there are online sites that sell parts.

I did a quick Google search and found one such outlet in 30 seconds. I'll just post the 1st hit, I have no idea who they are nor have I done business with them- --- it's just an example. I'm sure you can find more if I found one that fast!

Example:

G. Morgan

No, it changes at 280. And 85 hasn't been "new" for almost 20 years.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

I was sure you were wrong, so, I googled, and, well, I was wrong. You are correct.

Actually, Google shows 880 also below the 280 crossing, but, it is close enough for me to agree with you! :)

Reply to
Danny D.