air gun for paint

Silly question of the month time...

I just finished drywalling a room, the mud is dry and sanded and ready for paint. My question is could I use an air compressor and spray gun for the primer paint or should I use the roller and brush so the paint gets 'worked' into the drywall?

Thanks for any replies.

Reply to
BigManRestless

You would have to thin the primer too much to spray thru the gun. I would brush & roll.

The brush & roll process works better if you have your wife do it while you sit in a lawn chair drinking a cold one and give her pointers.

AZCRAIG

"BigManRestless" wrote in message news:%C2ee.8877$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com...

Reply to
cm

Unless you have experience with spray guns for interior painting, I'd stick with the brush and roller.

Tim.

Reply to
shoppa

On Wed, 4 May 2005 07:47:20 -0400, "BigManRestless" scribbled this interesting note:

Roller. Unless your ceilings are absurdly tall this goes quite fast once you get into the rhythm of it.

John Willis

Thanks for the advice cm, Tim & John, I'll stick with the brush and roller method.

P.S. So that's what wives are for!! ;-)

Reply to
BigManRestless