Air Conditioning problem

Reply to
mike92105

Ummm...not always. And the unit he got isnt. Its a 10SEER.

CBHVAC

This is Turtle.

The CKL-24 has a burn out LL drier on it already inside the unit.

You nee a suction line drier to stop any stuff from coming back out of the evaperator area.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

This is Turtle.

Well Dave here is our resident Troll and is not in the hvac business as he states. Take everything he says with a grain of salt.

Now if everything being the same with a old unit and keeping 72ºF in the place. The new one should do the same thing as the old one. So you have a problem with the hvac system. The older 7 seer 2 ton and the newer 10 seer 2 ton should do the same thing in the real world. The old addage of the system will only put out or keep the place 20ºF cooler than the outside temperature is only used in court cases when a hvac company gets sued and can defend theirself with this but in the real world it is just plain bullshit.

When i run a heat load on a home for a new hvac system. I program in the temperature I want to maintain in the home and the system will be able to hold that temperature that I put in the program.

Now you said you had a compressor burn up on the unit you have but did they check the flow rater or expanion valve for trash after a few hours of operation or put a LL drier at the evaperator coil by not changing the tubing set.

I think you may have trash in the TXV / Flow rater or a incorrectly charged unit.

You are now watching what we call in the industry a Hack Job. Watch closely for one day you may build your on home and will not want a hack job done on your home.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Are you asking for advice on killing your mofo so dat de man will haf ta buy you a new one? We can gib you dat!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Yes, I have installed suction line driers before. Great idea. Really helps protect the mofo compresso.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Yes I am. I will keep blowing them up until they go "oh shit" and do a complete replacement as they should have. As it is now this apartment complex will not listen to anything the manufacturer or anyone on this thread has said.

Short of a lawsuit (which if I won would mean I won the battle but lost the war when my lease renewal comes up and this state has no lease laws AT ALL) the only way to make them realize something is wrong is when I blow them to smithereens in a way it can't come back on me.

Damn it I just want a working unit like I have had for the past 4 summers until the old unit died.

Reply to
noname