Air Compressor Questions

I just bought a Makita MAC700 as a first air compressor. I don't know yet about the unit, but the instructions are very, very poor. No picture of the unit anywhere or descriptions of the various parts.

There is apparently a plug that comes in the unit that closes off the air intake, and a separate air filter that must be attached. The instructions say nothing about this. I ran the unit for 20 minutes to fill up the 2.6 gallon tank. Later, when looking at the box picture, I realized where the air filter attached and discovered the plug.

1) Could I have possibly damaged anything by running the unit with almost no air intake for 30 minutes?

2) I anticipated leaving the unit with air in the tank all the time, but the instuctions hint that the air should be drained after every use. What's common practice here?

Thank you.

Reply to
Greg Esres

No, it would take many hours.

You can leave it in. If you have no leaks, it will hold pressure forever. Most system have at least tiny leaks and the compressor will cycle if left on. Depending on your use, water will accumulate in the tank at times and it should be drained occasionally. I drain mine abut once a year, but some with heavy use need draining a coupleof times a day. .

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Thank you, Edwin.

Reply to