adding a lights question

I have a couple or florescent lights I want to put in my garage. I currently have a single standard bulb light fixture installed. What do I use to connect a surface mount box over the existing recessed box?

Thanks

Reply to
donald

Their are extension rings available for most common boxes. They have knock outs in the sides, sort of ceiling level for conduit.

Last one I did there was a knock out in the back of the surface fluorescent that matched the single gang box by adding a couple of screw holes.

Reply to
AlanBown

Thanks for the help!

Reply to