Hey there Gang,
OK, I'm new to the gas fireplace thing............So, I am trying to
light it, and it's not working. I checked my gas/propane tank , and I
have about 75%. I am not hearing gas come in. PLEASE help!!!
This may be totally irrelevant, but I have a small portable gas grill that's
normally used with the little tanks you take camping. I bought a hose to
adapt the grill to a big propane tank. The hose had a tag attached which
said to open the valve on the propane tank, but leave the grill's control
OFF for 5 minutes, or some sort of safety device would block the flow of
gas. Naturally, I didn't read the tag the first time, and as expected, the
thing wouldn't light and there was much cursing.
Any tags you haven't read, maybe?
Your problem is likely a spider has blocked the burner orfice and prevents
the gas from entering the burner. You should contact a fireplace repair
company to remove, dismantle, and clean your log lighter. Especially since
you are dealing with LP [heavier than air]. LP can lay low in the fireplace
and when you least expect it.... boom.
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.