A tractor, a chain, and one less eye

I was getting my haircut last night and my barber told me of an accident his uncle recently had.

He was cutting some wood on his land and had a tractor and a chain that he was using to pull the logs. Apparently when he tossed the chain in the direction of the tractor, it landed across the battery or some electrical connections and starting sparking. As he moved towards the tractor to remove the chain, the battery exploded.

He was dressed in coveralls and a long sleeve shirt, so the acid burns were minor, but a piece of the battery case hit him the eye. The tractor was disabled so he had to walk about 15 minutes with a bleeding eye to get to the main road.

He called 911 along the way and the ambulance met him at the road. They were unable to save his eye and he now has a prosthetic. My barber said that they used digital imaging to take a picture of his good eye and then created a "lens" for the prosthetic so that it matches his other eye perfectly. The eye moves normally so people can't tell that it's not his real eye.

I certainly feel bad for the guy, but the story is kind of interesting. It's got everything from an old-school farmer out in the woods cutting trees to the latest modern digital imaging and surgical techniques. Kind of neat...unless you're that farmer.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

You already posted this once. Why again?

Reply to
repairs

Newsreader on iPad is finicky. Sometimes it says that the post didn't go. I should stick to Thunderbird on my computer but the PC is hard to use while I'm taking a dump.

Carry that visual around for a while. Your welcome.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Newsreader on iPad is finicky. Sometimes it says that the post didn't go. I should stick to Thunderbird on my computer but the PC is hard to use while I'm taking a dump.

Carry that visual around for a while. Your welcome.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That's why it's called Number 2.

Reply to