A question to plumbers:

It has been getting worse and worse for the past several years, and lately about half of the toilet water supply connectors that I buy are either leaking or start leaking after just a couple of years. Is it just me or are you also experiencing the same problem?
On Tue, 15 Jan 2019 16:53:06 -0800 (PST), Molly Brown

What kind are you buying. I am using the hoses with the threaded collars and rubber gaskets. None have failed.
Molly Brown posted for all of us...

What do you use to tighten the slotted side of plastic toilet seat bolts?
--
Tekkie

On 1/19/2019 1:59 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

Wide slotted screw driver. They only have to be snug to work. I like the Kohler slow close seats.
On 1/19/19 1:59 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

Got tired of re-tightening those plastic bolts every month. No matter what was used, the slots wore out :-(
Replaced them with brass ones :-)

You hold the slotted side with anything long and straight and tighten the nut below.

?
Thank you for replying again. I was just trying to see if Molly Brown would reply.
--
Tekkie

Oren posted for all of us...

s?

O/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=removable+toilet+seat&qid47946900&sr=8-5>

That is what I have. I will get two rubber washers and place them between the 'seat arms' I have installed. Someone suggested a quarter. Too cold today to mess with...
--
Tekkie

    Fingers (and palm to hold the top)..     []'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012