A MOMENT OF SILENCE, PLEASE....

I am asking for a moment of silence for the 30-yr-old dishwasher that only needed one gasket over its life.

I am going to miss it. I will remember all the grief it saved me in cleaning up after my constant baking.

This weekend I am personally installing my own new cooktop, oven, and dishwasher saving $370 by not paying the dealer.

We'll be having homemade Carrot Cake when it's all done (cream cheese frosting made with real butter). Please stop by!

Reply to
MRS. CLEAN

The recipe, perhaps, for us unable to make the trip?

Great!

Reply to
professorpaul

so what time should we all arrive for your party:)

Actually I feel bad sometimes when a long term appliance finally is replaced, like losing a member of the family.......

yeah I know its wierd but thats me:)

Reply to
hallerb

I know just what you mean -- especially since buying a new appliance can be such a crapshoot nowdays. I have a dishwasher that's approaching 20 years old and will hate to see it go (although I am looking forward to having some new features).

Jo Ann

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Reply to
jah213

I know just what YOU mean- you want to shoot the piece of crap which you mistakenly bought.

Reply to
Sev

Amish Carrot Cake by Mrs. Clean (who cooks only Amish)

3 cups flour 2 cups sugar 4 eggs 1 cup corn oil 3 cups finely grated carrots 1 cup walnuts (chopped) 2 teaspoons baking powder 2 teaspoons baking soda 2 teaspoons vanilla 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoons cinnamon

Frosting

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (room temperature) 2 cups powdered sugar 1/2 teaspoon vanilla

  1. Sift and mix all dry ingredients.

  2. Add all wet ingredients.

  1. Pour batter into well-greased tube pan (4 inches high x 9 1/2 inches diameter, smaller can be used it just turns out higher).

  2. Bake in 350 degree in your new Maytag oven for approximately 1-1/4 hours or until cake tester comes out clean.

  1. Cool and spread on cream cheese icing.

Reply to
MRS. CLEAN

In addition to the energy savings.

Reply to
Larry Bud

Our condolences..... We have felt a greater sense of loss for a "treasured appliance" (and several pets) than a couple of family members :)

best

MRS. CLEAN wrote:

Reply to
mcfriendly

I dunno, sounds like you cook cakes too.

Reply to
clifto

You have my deepest condolences on it's passing. :)

Yours in sympathy,

Donna

Reply to
Donna