a/c question

The condenser fan on my central a/c unit doesn't shut off.Any ideas?

Reply to
suds mcduff

Sticky relay. Call a HVAC tech. Simple fix.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

'The condenser fan on my central a/c unit doesn't shut off.Any ideas?'

  1. Stuck contactor.
  2. Shorted wiring creating a 115 v. path of current to the motor continuously.
  3. Welded contacts on contactor due to a bug(s) or mouse .
  4. Welded contacts on contactor due to a power surge / brownout occuring.
  5. Short of R to Y control wires causing a/c unit to continually call for cooling.
  6. Defective thermostat causing -ditto- .

Call an hvac serviceman.

Reply to
DN B

Turn off the breaker, get a repairman out.

Reply to
m Ransley

Thanx for the replies. Tim T

Reply to
suds mcduff

It must be hot out. Wait till the temp outside cools down. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba