a/c installation cost...

Question: I have two a/c units. One upstairs and one downstairs. The house is

2680sqft. The units are split with blowers in the addict for both and compressors at the side of the house for both.

I am wondering about the prospect of picking up two units to replace them. What might I expect to pay for installation if I ALREADY have the units to be used in the replacement?

Thanks, David

Reply to
quincy451

A lot will depend on the possibility of using the existing lines or needing to remove those and replace them. Local rates vary quite a bit as well. Why not get a couple of estimates from recommended techs?

BTW don't be surprised if you get some negative reactions about supplying the units yourself. Often the tech's usual rates are computed based on some profit from the hardware sales. Also many techs are going to be a little hesitant to install a brand or model they have little or no experience with. The deserve additional pay for the job. Some may even reject the job if they don't know or don't like the brand hardware you have.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Few AC guys will install equipment you provide. They will want to do a load calculation, and install the size and type of equipment they think works best.

Providing your own equipment is like walking into a restaurant and asking how much to cook two eggs and four strips of bacon which you are providing.

Just ask your friends and neighbors who they use for AC work, and call for three estimates. And get that blower out of the addict. The addict will probably sell it for drug money. You know how unreliable addicts are. Keep the blower at home. (Yes, I no it past smell Czech pro graham.)

Reply to
Stormin Mormon