8' Garage Door Opener

Can anyone advise if there is a Garage Door Opener available for and

8' door where you dont have to buy the extension kit a factory 8' Opener?

snipped-for-privacy@locknalarm.com

Reply to
locknalarm

You might want to see if a Wayne Dalton IDrive would work. I had 3 installed by WD and the price including installation was $400. They fit above the door instead of in the middle of the ceiling and turn the torsion spring to open the door.

Reply to
Art

Yes, I have two installed on my garage. You probably won't find any at the big box hardware stores, though. You will have to get it from a garage door company. Mine are Liftmaster, but I would think that other brands are available too.

I haven't been hearing too many good things about the i-Drive. If you decide to go that route, do your homework before you buy. Other companies make similar systems too.

JK

Reply to
Big_Jake