Subject Author Posted Replies

Bulb hard to remove-How to remove light bulb?
I need to replace a bulb in an outdoor light socket. Can someone tell me how to remove this broken bulb? Is this a "screw-in"type? It's not coming out with normal pressure, I could put a tool on it...
5
5

How does the typical mains power connect in the USA anyway?
Here is a picture of the incoming wires to my main circuit breaker: If we follow those three wires *back* to the nearest transformer, what do they look like (in terms of phase relationship to each...
320
320

Beam size for a 14' span in basement.
I am finishing my basement and want to remove a support post. It is a split level house and has a hidden beam in the basement now which consists of 4-2x10 in the middle of the house. The house is 24'...
23
23

Jotul gas stove keeps shutting off
We own a Jotul GF 300 DV gas stove. After a few minutes of operation, the stove shuts off. I have replaced the on/off switch and the electrode with no luck. It appears that the electrical connections...

lithium battery cordless tool user question- the charger
After reading a bit on the care and feeding of a lithium battery,it appears the battery would benefit from slow charging as opposed to the fast charge that all the supplied chargers I've looked at...
4
4

Carpeting Complications
We had new carpet installed last week. One of the major complications was t hat we had to unhook all the home entertainment devices and move them out b efore the installation; TV, cable box, X-Box,...
6
6

OT: No Can Opener?
One of the many opportunities to learn something from this survival movie was the scene that inspired me to learn how to open a can without a can opener.
26
26

shower pan leveling
Inherited a bathroom project. Basement, slab floor, shower pan installed (32in x 32 in) already installed but on a slope. It is about 38 in. out of level. My odc prevents me from not correcting this...
8
8

OT I'm a 2013 Apple Award Winner!
Whatever that is. Got an email today from "Apple Inc's" that my gmail email account will get $750,000.00 and a gadget of some sort for an Apple iPhone 4S if I send them my name, address & phone...
11
11

Free Gas Leak Test and Repair?
They are in the process of replacing the gas service in my neighborhood. New main, new shutoffs, new service to house, move meter outside if currently inside, etc. (They are not installing smart...
16
16

Honeywell circuit board wiring harness short Bryant furnace
Our oil fired furnace didn't kick on the other day when the temp dropped. T his happens once or twice a month during the winter. I simply access the r eset button and all is well (why the reset button...
9
9

Can anyone recommend a Glasstop stove? Not the right name I'm sure but....
I'm looking for a new stove top. The kind I want is where the entire surface is smooth glass & no visible burners. I want the one where it actually gets hot and doesn't rely on the pot/pan to be made...
21
21

Pressure Balanced Pex Home Run Manifold?
I was watching one of the varieties of the Holmes On The Range shows. Mike was literally gushing over the Pex home run manifold that had been installed by his plumber. I gotta admit, it was pretty...
3
3

never knew there was/is another filter in my 37 yr old central heating unit (in
i moved into this house in 1996 (it was built in 1976). The air conditioning unit is outside and the heating unit in attic. It has the vents in attic that lead to my three bedrooms, two baths, living...
8
8

220V dryer sparked on startup (3 wire) What to test?
The wife said the dryer was sparking "in the back". I moved things around, but didn't see anything so I tell the wife not to worry. A week later, I turn on the 220v 3-wire dryer, and a single bright...
332
332