79 days left before the end of TV.

Some things are not about money, they are about working properly and convenience. I'm just suggesting that there are viable alternatives today. The OP condemned all low water flush toilets when the new ones work very well.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I wasn't following thread closely- I thought OP was talking about replacing an old toilet, not one of the early low-flow ones.

You are right, of course- life is too damn short to keep fighting with a cranky toilet. I have no idea if the ones in this house are low-flow or not, and since I live in a water rich state, and have well and septic, and live alone, I don't really care. Given their age, I guess they probably are low-flow, but they have only needed plunging maybe once each in 3 years, so I guess I am satisfied with them.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

the toilets made 20 years ago before Al Gore got involved worked fine, and never should have been redesigned by the government.

the government, and Al Gore, have no business being in the toilet business. I can totally assure you 100% that Al Gore doesn't have one of these useless devices in any of his homes.

James

Reply to
James

Mine is a Toto Drake and it makes sort of a quick gurgle, then fills very quickly. Not loud enough to disturb anyone.

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote: | | many water saver toilets espically the power flush are very noisey, | waking the entire home at 4 am isnt good. they sound like a jet at | take off

Reply to
Joan F (MI)

A modern toilet that flushes well with less water can be had for about half the price you mentioned, and most people who inhabit this newsgroup are here because they like to do things themselves. Installing a toilet is a pretty simple job, even the first time you do it.

The ROI is of no consequence in the larger scheme of things. What is the ROI on all that hot water you use every morning for a shower? The benefits sure don't last very long.

That said, the reason low flow toilets have been mandated is that when everybody is required to use them, it saves enough water to greatly reduce the costs of supplying the water. So you save not just the cost of the water used, but also help keep your cost per gallon for all water you use at lower rates. They don't have to keep adding infrastructure and workers to keep up with demand.

Reply to
salty