Subject Author Posted Replies

Trying to find old sears garage opener remote 132A1812
My sears garage opener has worked many years with no problem, the only problem I've run into recently is the remote now only works every now and then. It's not the battery. I would hope somewhere on...
9
9

Need to make airtight 2x50' long 1.5" diameter vacuum hoses for siphon
Any ideas on how to make an airtight connection of two 50-foot long 1.5" diameter pool vacuum hoses for siphoning? This isn't working (it's leaking & therefore not siphoning)
41
41

Installing Central A/C Yourself?
I've been getting quotes for central A/C and they all seem very high. The basic components are available to me at the following prices: Air Conditioning Condensing Unit Horizontal Discharge, 13 SEER,...
16
16

Would You Buy A Touchless Toilet Flush Kit?
Upgrade your toilet to a no-touch flush. This easy-to-install retrofit kit brings a KOHLER touchless flush to almost any toilet. Once it's installed, just hold your hand over the tank sensor to...
20
20

Garden hose connections
How can I keep garden hose connections usable? After a year or two, the connections are corroded and impossible to unscrew, even using WD-40 or other freeing chemicals. Is there something I can smear...
26
26

First plow
I was looking through one of those Today in History sites. Supposedly John Deere made his first plow on this date back in 1833. More on early plows here: TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a...

Wallet stolen, house cleaning robot indicted
My Daytimer wallet, which was on the nightstand next to the bed, disappeared - coincidentally right after the cleaning woman came and went. While I didn't suspect her (known her for over 40 years!) I...
3
3

ETQ Generator follow up
About year 2006, I bought an ETQ 1200 watt generator on Ebay. It was about $130 including shipping. I used it a couple times for a friend's power cut. Worked fine, to run an old furnace, with the big...
6
6

Jenn-Air Side by Side Right door creaks!
I have a JCD2292KTB side by side. The rt door used to squeek but now seems to jump & make creaking noise when opening & closing...HELP!
1
1

Wire fence hold-downs?
I'm sure someone must make stakes with a hook or notch at the top to hold the bottom of wire fences next to the ground. What do I look for? Lowes? What are they called? Or how to easily contruct a few...
13
13

Renewal Replacement Windows By Andersen ?
Hello, Regarding the "Renewal By Andersen" replacement windows: a. who are you actually dealing with ? Are these individual franchises ? Who stands behind their warranty: the franchisee (if it is one)...
3
3

Coatings For A Wooden Deck ?
Hello, If this is an duplicate, I apologize. I think my Post on this a way back never made it, so will try again. Have an older wooden Deck, the surface of which is pretty splintered and not too...
4
4

Painting shutters
I have vinyle shutters that are a hunter green color and badly faded. My wi fe wants to paint them black. Can this be done and it last okay? I read som ewhere that you are not supposed to go from a...
21
21

OT Survey Which arm do you put in your jacket first?
OT Survey Which arm do you put in your jacket first? Are you left-handed? Right-handed? If you try to put a jacket or button-up-the-front shirt or sweater on with the other arm first, is it much...
7
7

recommendations: sand blasters and paint sprayers
What are your recommendations for sand blasters and spray paint guns for DIYer? Please include brands as well as types. I already have compressor large enough for small professional use.
1
1