Subject Author Posted Replies

Thermoplastic?
My backyard cement flooring was a mess from a recent cement job. The job c ame out nice, but the guys left a remnant of whatever they used on my cemen t ground surrounding the area they repaired.. I...
1
1

Corner mounting a panning security cam
Hi everyone, Just got a new IR pan-tilt-zoom camera for the backyard that looks something like this: I'd like to mount it on the corner of the house (brick) so that it can "see" along the rear wall...
19
19

Trip lever bathtub drain screws are corroded and stuck
Hi all, My bathtub drain trip lever mechanism has failed, and my bathtub won't drain. The problem is, the heads of the screws holding the trip lever drain to the tub are totally corroded away. Just...
14
14

Box spring repair
We just adopted a 4 month old kitten and so far we have just one minor problem. The kitten has either discovered, or created, a tear in the fabric that covers the bottom of the box spring of the guest...
19
19

wet concrete garage floor problem
I live in a house built in 1951 and concrete drive and garage floor are not in great condition and should be replaced. May be a couple of years before I get that done however. For now I would like to...
8
8

any better rubber casters?
Hi All, My wife has a wooden chair with these 2" rubber casters: Problem: the stinkers fail after about two years: 1) the ball bearing fall out (all over the floor) 2) the sleeves fall off the wood,...
26
26

Follow-up on replacement fence post.
Since it looked like water would be involved, I planned to replace my round wood fence post on a really hot day, so I could play in the water. Alas, there were only 2 or 3 days like that after June...
3
3

HT TapTight flooring experience
First batch of HT TapTight I used in living and dining room in 2004 worked well and still looks good in 2014. However, used same item 2 years later in a room addition and very disappointed in poor...

OT: Alternatives to landline and VOIP telephones?
I rarely use my land line. I probably make 5-6 calls/month; used to be more until my parents passed, but am not (yet) ready to go cell only. I like that even if the electricity is out (was out once...
78
78

GE Washer Model WHRE5550K1WW
Last night this POS leaked. I pulled it out and mopped up the stinky mess, shut the water valves, unplugged it and went to bed. Today was my day off. The choice was to call a repairman and then listen...
10
10

Plumbing Problem Again
I just posted -- and was sitting here reading other post -- and the darn commode started running water again. Just for a few seconds. Should I turn it off? And then turn it on when I need it -- hate...
23
23

Plumbing Question
I have a two year old American Standard commode. The plumber came out last year and did something in the other bathroom (same commode in there) and he told me to order a part from the American...
12
12

Cutting Pavers
I would like to cut a ~6 inch (diameter) hole, in a 28 inch wide paver stone. The paver is 1 1/2 inch thick. I have a Tile Saw. What blade do I need?
8
8

What we need is a better solution to the CARB/EPA gasoline can bung hole threaded neck problem
Today, I drive down to Costco, to fill my trunk with 50 gallons of gas: When, lo and behold, I smell strong gas fumes while driving. So, I pull over, and open the trunk, and what do I see? Yet another...
65
65

Kitchen Sink Drain Smells
Shine a light down that drain and see if you can see a water surface in the P-trap. If not, then it's very possible that sewer gas is coming up through that empty P-trap and causing it to smell bad....
1
1