Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Hand pain
Last week, I noticed some pain in my right hand. I attributed it to the baking I was doing ("stirring" viscous dough with a wooden spoon). I had been doing a LOT so figured my hands were just tired...
55
55

Today's favorite quote from the USA Today
(Talking about pulling the gun stats from Mass Shooting Tracker) "That definition of four or more shot rarely translate into four or more killed. One-third of these 'mass shootings' result in no...
6
6

40to1 50to1
Ok my opp change plug clean sxhast port adjust carb now run more oil. If its a home owenr saw or outher 50 hrs is all your going to get most of the time.You might not get to run 32 to 1 but 40 to 1...
8
8

Ryobi charger "fries" batteries?
I have one of Ryobi's chargers that takes six of their 18V Li-Ion batteries at once and will charge them all in sequence and then (so it is claimed) "maintain" them ready for use. However, I have...
5
5

OT: Thanks and No thanks, El Nino
This winter due to strong El Nino our weather so far is out of whack. More sick folks coming to store asking for help. Korean Plum tree, Lilacs in our yard are budding turning green, expecing many...
23
23

IN THE KITCHEN FOR A CHANGE OF SUBJECT
Does anyone here have a recipe for chicken pot pie? I remember having chicken pot pie at Marie Callender's not long ago, and remember it to be lip smacking GOOD! The pot pies you buy from the grocery...
73
73

Quote From Time Warner For Cable Service
A co-worker just showed me a quote to have Time Warner Cable run service to his house. TWC told him that the nearest point for them to tie into an existing junction is ~7000 feet away. They said that...
13
13

ahmed the clock kid...
You Won't Believe What Ahmed 'The Clock Kid' Is Demanding From This Texas City Conservative Newsroom It turns out that Ahmed 'The Clock Kid' Mohamed wasn't as innocent as the media portrayed him to...
37
37

Anyone else finding it absurd
that for some people the New York Daily News has all of a sudden become the Newspaper of Record for terrorism?
2
2

black & decker firestorm power drill
hey all... my B&D firestorm power drill appears to have quit working. I have 2 batteries and they look like they're the problem. anyone know of a good source of cheap batteries for it?
19
19

Auto parts from eBay
A store on eBay has a new starter for my vehicle for $80.00. NAPA auto parts has one starting at $130.00. Do you think buying a starter from eBay would be a good starter? Does anyone have any bad...
57
57

Adhesive Question ?
Hello, Have an older wooden chair with slats in the back. Some have worked loose. Irrespective of what type aof glue I use, the glue will have to fill a 1/16 or so space, as the slats cannot be forced...
12
12

Gutter repair
My house has aluminum gutters. they are attached to the fascia boards with 7" aluminum spikes and ferrules. Many of these spikes have worked loose over the last 30 years and the gutters are drooping....
2
2

Car security problem, sort of
My Nissan came with a 'key fob', a 2.5 x 0.75 x 0.5 inch plastic irregularly-shaped device that has three buttons - unlock doors, lock, & panic. Yesterday somehow the panic button somehow accidently...
13
13

Kenmore Microwave weird behavior
The display panel of our 10-yr-old Kenmore microwave (made by LG, perhaps) was reading backwards this morning -- in English, but from right to left. Unplugging it and plugging it in again solved the...
3
3