4thg of July tradition

Every years for the past 15 or so, I'm usually the first one up on this holiday. To brighten everyone's mood and start the day right, I play Stars and Stripes Forever. Loudly.

My family appreciates it.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

...and, if you live in a small town...go to the parade! "God Bless US, everyone!"

Reply to
bob_villa

I like your approach. But now days, would you need to play the Islam prayer call? I mean, the old guy with indigestion bellowing tunelessly into a crappy PA system would be the sweetest sound Obama ever heard. Why not bring it home?

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

...you've reached a new low...Oren wouldn't post shit like this (at least not today).

Reply to
bob_villa

Salute to the flag!

Reply to
Muggles

"There was no deity involved" -- Spock

BTW, the parade here took 12 minutes to pass any particular spot.

Reply to
Sam E

Reportedly my grandfather started every Sunday morning off with his favorite John Phillips Souza selections. Just as well he died before I was born.

Reply to
rbowman

Ribs, beans, potato salad and chocolate cake. We finished off the evening with a few hundred dollars worth of illegal fireworks. (mostly mortars and "cakes")

Reply to
gfretwell

We stayed home in the nice cool AC and watched the national fireworks show on TV! :)

Reply to
Muggles

Watching other people's fireworks is like watching other people having sex. There may be some amusement but it is nothing like doing it yourself.

Reply to
gfretwell

OTOH, I've seen the national fireworks in person when I was a kid, plus have seen the local fireworks many times. The heat, bugs, crowds, and did I mention the heat are deterrents to my former enthusiasm. I can't do the heat for very long these days.

Reply to
Muggles

Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

I did not hear it at my house. Could you do it again, now?

Reply to
Tekkie®

FrozenNorth posted for all of us...

He already had his spicy beans, eggs and beer.

Reply to
Tekkie®