4 inch angle grinder, discs with fine grit for sharpening say drill bits?

With the very coarse grinding discs I have for my 4 inch angled grinder I can put an ok sharp edge on a drill bit. I would like to get hold of some sanding discs that were smoother and finer so that I could do a better job sharpening drill bits or other tools while at a job.

Where I might get such discs?

Thanks for any help!

Reply to
andyeverett

You could just buy some sandpaper on a roll, cut circles and punch a hole in the center. Mount it against a grinding wheel. Just get some reinforeced sandpaper, not just that cheap stuff that's only a paper backing.

Reply to
jw

Go to your local fine grinding disc store. If they don't have one in your area, check Home Depot, Lowe's, and welding supply stores. Or tractor supply or grain store type thing in your area. Make sure you get the right center hole size, and check the rpm rating. You don't want it to fly apart at the climactic moment. For drills, I'd invest in a good sharpener. I have a Drill Doctor 750, and it is sweet.

Reply to
Steve B