4" centermount bathroom faucet and clearance

i bought a wall mount sink:

has 2 and 7/8 iches from the center of the mounting holes to the wall.

i'm concerned about the room for the handles to turn and for me to fit my fat hand in between the wall and handle.

here are the handles i'm looking at:

has a base width of 2 and 3/32nds inches.

according to my math that means i have 1 and 53/64ths from the bottom base of the faucet to the wall.

i've looked all over but can't find anything about the recommended clearance for these handles or how far they turn in degrees. 90 degrees would be ideal. does anyone know if there is trade term for this, or a standard?

much thanks.

btw, from my online search i like price pfister for simple classic designs. don't know about how they ware.

Reply to
Chris Porro Email List

this has a base width of 2 and 3/32nds inches.

Almost all decent faucet designs today use cartridges which have 1/4 turn as standard. The lever/bat handle you chose should have no clearance problems.

Price-Pfister is highly respected.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

thanks jim. 1/4 turn is 90 degrees? i'll assume yes... can't think of another way to see it. and price pfister is good quality? excellent. release hounds!

Reply to
Chris Porro Email List

Not in my house. I've had two different installations, a bath set that lasted maybe four years and their elaborate kitchen sink/sprayer type that made 18 months. Brass castings corroded to unusability. Back to Kohler products and no more wated time and money. I've found Delta stuff in the my youngster's houses easy to repair and decent durability.

Joe

Reply to
Joe