220v Well Pump on 110v?

Can I safely (and temporarily) run my 1/2 horse, 220v submersible well pump with my 1000w, 110v generator?

Reply to
Pat & Betsy Parrish

NO, 1000 watts isn't enough power and you'll just trip the breaker on the generator, and using half the required voltage would overheat and burn out the pump motor

Reply to
RBM

If it runs at all it will be taking a beating. The motor windings will overheat.

Reply to
Thomas D. Horne, FF EMT

Reply to
JGolan