200 amp?

Did you need them for the amperage or the breaker slots?

Bob

Reply to
Bob F

Not always small. Our new refrigerator is rated to use *less than half* the energy per year that our old one (less than 20 years old) consumed.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Martindale

I meant the circuit-breaker box.

If you're electricity supplier is jerking you around on new wires, just call 'em up and ask for another (free) 150 amp service drop.

Reply to
HeyBub

Which they will happily connect to an additional meter, adding an additional meter charge each month.

Bob

Reply to
Bob F

Actually they won't. It is a violation of the National Electric Code. A structure can only be served by one service drop with a very few exceptions NEC 230.2

Reply to
gfretwell

what about the houses that number in the tens of thousands in our area that have a seperate meter for the electric heat? Or doesn't that count as a 'drop'?

Steve Barker

If its coming off the same set of lines from the power company, and just metered separately, then it isn't a separate "drop".

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

I C. that's they way they are. Thanks.