2 Part Epoxy vs. One Part for Garage floor?

It worked great until the paint started to peel.

Reply to
A noiseless patient Spider

Benjamin Moore, but it's not the brand that matters, it's the prep. 90% of the job is getting the surface right before the coating goes on. It's not cleaning, it's acid etching or grinding. I've done multiple garage floors with two part epoxy and easily get 10 years without lifting.

Reply to
Arthur Conan Doyle

I did my basement floor about 45 years ago when house was new and we just moved in. I washed it and etched with Muriatic acid and washed off. Have not had to repaint since with maybe a dab here and there.

Reply to
invalid unparseable
1 part epoxy paints are nothing more than marketing bull. Epoxy paint by definition requires two components that when mixed start a chemical reaction that bonds the chemicals. This is a completely different and stronger chemical bond than than any air dry paint. I have used them all and would avoid all 1 part epoxy paints It is just Marketing hype.
Reply to
Jer

1parties are generally "pre-catalyzed epoxy resin" in a "carrier". You stil get a lot of advantages of epoxy but it is not as durable as a 2 part epoxy (unless it is UV set epoxy - generally not used for garage floors)
Reply to
Clare Snyder

I see that there are garage floor tiles very easy to place down instead of paint. They may have troubles with heavy vehicles but you will not have a flaking problem as with paints.

Reply to
invalid unparseable