2 for £1.50 doesn't work

I wanted 3 of something. No more than 3 or they'd go off. But they were on sale cheaper if you bought 2. So I only got 2. Wasn't the idea to make me buy more?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

The people who only wanted one were enticed into buying two. Their twos trump your three.

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

If I'd only needed one, the same thing would apply. Buying two, one would go off before I used it.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Reminds me, over 60 years ago, a school classmate working at a dry goods store told me the store sold men's white shirts for $2 but would put them on sale for 2 for $5. Store was doing very well.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Only Americans would fall for that.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

For some reason in the UK, it's exceedingly rare to find two small containers be cheaper than one large one.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword