2 cycle compression ......

Those type fuel pumps are very common on many models of ATV's, Riding mowers and others.

Hank

Reply to
Hank

And built in on many Mikuni and Tillotson regulator carbs. (as well as Walbro and likely half a dozen other more obscure brands)

Reply to
clare

head. The head and cylinder are one piece and bolt to the crankcase. Nearly all small 2-stroke engines have one-piece "jugs."

My 2 stroke .049 model airplane engines from my childhood had removable heads. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

ate head. The head and cylinder are one piece and bolt to the crankcase. Ne= arly all small 2-stroke engines have one-piece "jugs."

And the simple way to check for bore/piston damage is to pull the exhausst and take a look.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

head. The head and cylinder are one piece and bolt to the crankcase. Nearly all small 2-stroke engines have one-piece "jugs."

i used to rebuild stihl back pack blowers fairly often. They are all one piece.

Reply to
Steve Barker

head. The head and cylinder are one piece and bolt to the crankcase. Nearly all small 2-stroke engines have one-piece "jugs."

Actually, all I had to do was look in the exhaust port to see the piston. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

head. The head and cylinder are one piece and bolt to the crankcase. Nearly all small 2-stroke engines have one-piece "jugs."

Quick survey of ten chainsaws, three weedeaters, fourteen gasoline model airplane engines, and two snowmobiles: ALL have an integrated cylinder and head (aka jug) that bolts to the crankcase.

Nothing new has a separate head. You either have some very old equipment or you're making it up.

Reply to
dennisgauge