Subject Author Posted Replies

Cost of metal roofing
I'm getting bids for a new stone-coated steel roof, and I'm shocked at the prices I've been quoted. Both the bids I've gotten are around $15000 for a one-story house of about 1400 square feet. If...
8
8

OT Papekess
I use direct draft for all my utility bills and have been for years. I still get a paper statement at the end of each month. I would be just as convenient to get an email as a paper statement, if the...
2
2

Removing Gunk from Fuel Tank
I am in Cincinnati beginning my 4th day on generator power - all of 3500 watts, but I'm damn glad to have it. This is a generator that my father bought in 1978. We tested it when it was new, then it...
24
24

Need Plumber (Bellevue)
Looking for a plumber to repair toilet and bathtub in a Nea Zmirni apartment before I arrive at the end of August. If you can help or can recommend someone, please contact me.
4
4

Looking to switch from Radiant to baseboard heat
I am looking to update my heating system in my home. I live in a ranch house that is approximately 5500 sq/ft. The downstairs (~2000 sq/ft) is finished and has radiant heat in the floor. The upstairs...
7
7

Sheetrock repair
I have a finished basement, with painted sheetrock on the walls. One of the walls got water damaged a year ago, due to outside flooding. The exterior problem has since been fixed, and everything is...
6
6

Local Plumbers HELP!!
Hi, I just moved to the area last Tuesday (Bellevue) and was lucky to be met a day later with a blocked toilet that is clogged farther down than a plunge or snake can fix. Yay, what fun! Anyhoo, I was...
5
5

Why drive off wooden windowills?
I had the wood-framed windows on the West side redone recently by a professional painter. They were in terrible shape from years of neglect and hot sun. I had prepped some of the sills by sanding a...
7
7

Sink Materials
We have been bouncing all over the place so I'm posing the question to the public, what's the best sink material for a kitchen sink? We have looked at stainless steel with sound deadening and it's...
12
12

14 and 12 gauge wiring problem
I know that you cannot use 14 gauge wire in a 20amp circuit because 14 gauge can only handle 15 amps, but I ran into a problem with my bathroom remodel. I have a huge mirror on one wall that also has...
26
26

Weatherproofing wood with paint?
I need to make a lid for my Cistern. I plan on using some 2x4s and perhaps 3/4" plywood. I am wondering if I paint this, will it take on any measure of weatherproofness? If not, how do i make wood...
13
13

Question on wiring a 240 volt Sauna Heater?
O.K. Heres my problem. Previously, I had a 240 volt hot tub with a 50 amp Double pole GFCI. Recently replaced hottub with a 240v sauna. Now, according to the wiring schematic. I need one 240v line...
11
11

Painting Speaker Grilles
I have some in ceiling speakers. The grilles have Verry Small holes in them for the sound to come through. How can i paint them to match the ceiling without the paint getting into the holes ?
2
2

Furnace/Dryer/Hot Water Tank Space Requirements
Currently, my hot water heater is located literally in the middle of my basement which obviously is very inconvenient. I am considering moving it to a location that is currently between by gas furnace...
6
6

Painting the Transition Between Drywall and Plaster
After extensive plaster ceiling repairs, where my ceiling meets the walls, there is a transition between plaster (ceilings) and drywall (walls) about one foot down on the walls. After painting with...
8
8