Subject Author Posted Replies

stocking source for Crane bathroom fixtures?
Anyone know of a good source for Crane products anywhere in between Hartford, CT, Springfield, MA, Albany, NY, Utica, NY and Syracuse, NY??? I need to find a pedestal sink and comode in bone in stock...
1
1

Concrete - Using Quickcrete, how much to mix?
This is my first crack at concrete. Small job and I figure I'll need a bit over 1.5 cubic feet, and I'm planning to do the work this afternoon. I've almost finished my forms and am reading the...
30
30

Skirting Radiators
We have just fitted an alternative heating system to radiators or underfloor heating; that was easy to install and more energy efficient than radiators. It=92s called Thermaskirt and it is available...
9
9

Solution for flooded crawl space
I have a house in Northwest Indiana, it's on a crawl space with a sump pump. Due to flooding 2 years ago (Katrina) the crawl space was filled with water and the sump pump couldn't keep up, and water...
3
3

Sue HOA when home value declines
"[LONGMONT, Colo] A Longmont couple has turned the legal tables on their homeowners' association - suing it not for being too overbearing with rules enforcement but for being too lax. [Plaintiffs]...
5
5

Mortar and clay chimney flue question
I'm adding 12" to the top of my chimney flue. I'm trying to get it a little taller then the gas fireplace flue that's right next to it - the smell of the smoke comes down the gas flue. So I'm not an...
5
5

drive way in front of garage
I see some of houses has concrete cement and some of them are led pave driveway. which one is better, last longer ? How is the cost? Is concrete cement cost more or led pave driveway? Thanks Jenny
9
9

Cheating Contractors
It always amazing me as to what contractors of all types will try to get away with. They go to extremes in order to bypass codes and inspections. In many cases their violations are a danger to the...
24
24

On David Letterman every night
On David Letterman every night about 9 minutes into his show he has a segment, Famous Persidentisal Speeches, its worth a watch as W Busch is always the finalee
4
4

Frigidaire Dishwashers
Anyone work on these in any capacity? One came with a new home I purchased in 06. And it leaked almost from new except I didn't know it as it was a small 8 oz. a cyle leak. When I finally got around...
1
1

Chlorinate well question
My well is 44 years old, 100 feet deep and 5-inch diameter, with a submersible pump. What is the recommended chlorinating procedure for the novice? TIA
14
14

basin wrench won't fit, can't remove plastic nuts
I'm trying to change my faucet in the kitchen and I just noticed that the two nuts holding my faucet to the basin are plastic twist nuts and I cannot budge them with my hand and cannot fit the basin...
9
9

Turning on the ceiling fan started tripping the breaker
Exactly what it says. We bought the house in February. Fan and light worked fine. In the beginning of August, the breaker would trip every time we turned the switch. I've taken the light fixture off...
18
18

garden sprayer won't pump up
It's a plastic one, "Loyalty" 2 gal that hasn't been used in years when I try to pump it up, very little pressure is built. It seems to not be sealing inside the pump cylinder. Can I make it work?...
3
3

Variable speed furnace with single stage compressor?
I have a fairly new single stage compressor and I am upgrading the furnace and coil part now. If I get a variable speed furnace, will the comfort features be reduced because I don't have a multi stage...
3
3