Frigidaire Dishwashers

Anyone work on these in any capacity? One came with a new home I purchased in 06. And it leaked almost from new except I didn't know it as it was a small 8 oz. a cyle leak.

When I finally got around to looking at it I found one of the nuts that holds the heating element in place from the bottom was not holding properly. I say 'holding' because these are only hand tightened nuts, a real PITA.

If you try to put any kind of tool on 'em they just drop back off. One of them holds fast and keeps the water from leaking with just a hand twist. But the other one doesn't, no matter what you do.

Any recall on these or anything or maybe an informal 'jacked up' fix? I talked frigidaire into honoring the warranty even though I just discoved the leak. I only inhabit this house half the year.

I'm afraid the guys going to come here and 'fix' it and I'll have the same problem in 4 weeks. They really are flimsy. You'd think something that is so vital to keeping water from leaking would be sealed tight..?? It's almost as if the vibration of the machine is more than enough to unseat them..

TIA

Reply to
in2-dadark

Hi, Some kind of sealant?