Subject Author Posted Replies

counter tops
Got to upgrade a condo rental & was wonder what was best material for countertops as this is a rental ? thanks n advance mike lane
2
2

Can't get heat in garage
This is a simple system. FHW on Zone 3. Pumps out to the garage, through a Modine blower unit mounted near the ceiling. It is new this year. I turned it on, the zone pump fires up, but the pipes...
11
11

Help, looking for a whatchamacallit
Hi I am looking for some fireproof(well, heat resistant) insulation for some electrical wires that run next to an exhaust on a snowmobile. I have seen them before but i cannot recall where i could...
5
5

OT: online eyeglasses
I think it was in this group where someone had posted a link to a place where you could buy eyeglasses online for a very inexpensive price... I'd thought about buying some, dug out my old...
15
15

Regrouting a tiled shower stall?
For a while after we moved into this house the shower stall looked fine, but then the grout lines -- especially those between the edge of the floor and the bottom of the walls -- started looking...
7
7

Want to bring my horse in the house
I live on a farm and I hate winter. I live alone and it gets real lonely during the winter. I decided that I want to bring my horse in the house this winter, for companionship. He's an average 1000lb...
25
25

What kind of welding rod to use
I want to weld some 2x4's together. I got a couple dozen 2x4 studs and all of them are about 6 inches too short. I figure I'll just weld 6 inch pieces to each one. But what kind of rod do I use on my...
8
8

Anyone know if the HD tv signal will be stronger?
I have cable, and don't think I could live without it, but my aunt is using an antenna. She just dropped cable, and asked me to hook her antenna back up. She is only getting 2 channels. There is one...
20
20

Adding third stall on garage
I have added a third stall on to my 2 car garage. The original garage had one light in it up front. Out of that light another wire went over to the outdoor light by the service door. When I took down...
3
3

Mold remediation companies - how legit are they?
I have a 50 yr old row house. Never had a water problem... except for during Isabella, the sump pump didn't work and water backed up into the finished basement. I dried everything out and didn't think...
10
10

Sliding door
I took out the sliding door....replaced the wheels and can't get the door back in with both sets of wheels. The wheels are up in there and to the lowest position. I've been told to remove the...
7
7

Remodeling a bathroom
Hi all, in my estimation if you desire to decorate your house to furnish it a ordinary home feel I explore a web on net it assist me since earlier than 4 month I as well wish for to decorate my house...
1
1

come-along
Is there another word for a come-along? That word sounds like slang or vernacular.
43
43

Garage Door Opener Won't Lower Door
Lately, our garage door opener has been acting up. We have a rolling metal door, and it goes up just fine. But when we try and lower the door, the opener unit flashes as if there's an obstruction and...
8
8

Best flashing for the roof
Hi, Here's the roof that I will replace to put skylights in: I'm getting varying opionions on the best way to flash it at the stone wall (that you can actually barely see in the picture). Some say...
2
2