Help, looking for a whatchamacallit

Hi I am looking for some fireproof(well, heat resistant) insulation for some electrical wires that run next to an exhaust on a snowmobile. I have seen them before but i cannot recall where i could find them. they look like a braided fiberglass tube similar to a chinese finger trap. anyone have some sources?

Reply to
Tater

Check with your local electric motor rewinding shop. I've actually had them give me short pieces of the stuff. I'm sure they would sell it to you by the foot. The shop will even have silicone/fiberglass insulated high temperature wire. It similar to what you would find attached to an oxygen sensor on a gasoline engine.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

NAPA

--

Reply to
dpb

Search for sleeve insulation, pick high temperature. They have ceramic fiber and fiberglass in different sizes.

Paul F.

Reply to
Paul Franklin

does this help?

that's what I'm using on the vacuum advance hose and the choke +12V wire where they pass over the exhaust crossover of my intake on the Stude.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Hey, that's cool stuff. *snicker* What they have at the motor rewind shop is white fiberglass and silicone. I've used it when repairing commercial electric ovens and other restaurant equipment. The link you gave looks like a sleeve that could handle higher temperatures than the type I use.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas