Subject Author Posted Replies

Gas dryer intermittent problem...
Help, please... Kenmore "Ultra Fabric Care" gas dryer, "Heavy duty 80 series", Model #97586210 75862... Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Push the Start button, and... Sometimes you hear just...
6
6

Cleaning new tiles
I just put new tiles in three bedrooms and did the grouting and all. Lots of work but no special difficulty. My real problem is getting rid of that whitish film which keeps on re-appearing despite...
11
11

How Stable is STA-BIL??
I'm aware that the new STA-BIL on the store shelf is red. But it has a different mix ratio, so I assume it's a different formulation. Anybody know what color it was on the shelf 6-8 years ago? P "Take...
10
10

Deck House repair restoration etc
I was wondering if anyone was aware of a newsgroup, message board, forum, etc that relates to the problems, repair, and other issues related to these houses. I referring to the company in Acton Mass...
2
2

Best Waterproofing Solution
Hello, I have a small window into my crawl space area that has cracked masonry around it. When it rains, water flows into the crawl space area via these cracks. I'm not sure how I should repair this....
5
5

Engine in John Deere Snow Thrower 522 Cannot Run without Choke
I have a John Deere Snow Thrower Model 522 that has a Tecumseh engine (model HSSK50). Since several years ago, I have been having a problem running its engine without any choke. It will run if I put...
38
38

Air compressor
------------------------------------- I am putting in a new Rockworth air compressor. I have ran a 10/3 underground wire for power(30'). The motor is 5 HP running. I need a cord to plug the motor in...
8
8

FYI
You all may already know this, I just learned it. My Co2 detector expires in 7 years. Says it will no longer work after that. I wrote the 'installed' and 'expires' dates inside the battery cover, they...
15
15

Online Appliance Parts
The lower element in our Whirlpool range just went out. The manufacturer's part number is 380180. Is there a big disparity in pricing for the same units (same quality), or are there good parts and...
11
11

Wall Pass-Through
My camping trailer has a nice (if cheap), through-the-wall, capped entry/exit/pass-through for the power cord. How should I make something like this for my house? I occasionally run a hose from our...
7
7

Englert LeafGuard Gutters (Price?)
Hello, I recieved a quote for new Englert LeafGuard gutters today that worked out to $41/foot (without installation). This seems high even for this product. Can anyone give me a rough idea of what I...
2
2

Plumbing question
Hello, I have a bathroom located next to my laundry room. Whenever the water is being drained from the washer, the toilet seems go make a gurgling sound as if air/water from the washer is coming...
3
3

Painting ceramic tile
We have some ugly tile in our shower that I would like to paint. Has anyone had any success trying this? I found what looks to be an epoxy paint brand: Bathtub Refinishing Referral Network. Strange...
5
5

Water heater expansion tank pressure question
I am replacing my water heater expansion tank. It is leaking at the weld (piece of carp). Anyway my question assumes the following: H2O pressure measured at hose bib: 80 PSI System pressure...
20
20

Wood heat
Does wood produce carbon monoxide or it that just petroleum products?
34
34