Subject Author Posted Replies

weird carpet stain
Anyone have any luck getting a presumably coffee stain out of white Berber carpet? (yeah, I know...) bought myself one of those carpet cleaning doomajiggers after I got my bonus check, and tried it...
14
14

Washing Machine drains into Shower
I have a washing machine and a shower in my basement. They are separated by a wall. When the washing machine drains the water comes up the shower drain. Most of the time it doesn't overflow and...
19
19

Roofing Minneapolis
I’m living in Minneapolis village i have a house which i want to sell. im not getting a good price for it like the houses in ST. Paul because my house needs an extensive rehab and need to remodel...
2
2

Overcoming the spring of wires in electrical boxes
Hi, What are some of the tricks for overcoming the elastic resistance of wires when putting them in electrical boxes. The obvious ones are: having larger boxes and having fewer wires. And having slack...
5
5

Using Radiator Electric Heater in Bathtub
I'm elderly and disabled. I am on a fixed income and cant afford much. To save on costly fuel I keep the house temperature set to 45 deg. That's as low as the thermustat goes. Because it cold...
17
17

caliClothes Dryer Not Working Properly
I have an "Estate" Dryer. I think it is made by Whirlpool or one of the big companies. It is probably 15 - 20 years old. I would like to get a few more years out of it if I can. I haven't had a...
4
4

Are there NEC restrictions on circuit location?
Happy Holidays! What does the NEC say about running a circuit from a single breaker to "unrelated" locations of a house? For example, let's say I want to add a receptacle in the 1st floor family...
21
21

Furnace running with thermostat off
Hello all, I have a problem with my gas furnace. Last night my furnace would not stop running even after the desired temperature had been reached. I finial decided to turn it off from the thermostat...
27
27

OT=360 view on Edmunds.
On edmunds site they have a 360 degree view of all vehicles. The 2001 Camry they have happens to have the same paint and interior and rims as mine. I'd like to put that 'view' on my web...
1
1

OT Walmart product.
If you see any of these steros left in your local walmart anywhere near the $25 I paid for the each of the 2 I got , grab them. They are more than worth the price. And of course when WM has a good...
9
9

ACQ lumber experience
Two years ago I had more firewood than would fit under my shed so I bought 2 PT 4x4x8's from Lowes, laid them on the ground, stacked the firewood on them, and covered the wood with a tarp. I just...
34
34

Dremmel Tool
I need a cut out tool to install a towel bar in a shower I recently redid with tile. I thought I wasn't going to miss the towel bar there. But I was wrong. I did a search and someone recommended a...
4
4

Flat roof leak
I have a flat roof of tar and areas of rubber torch down. What can be used in below freezing to fix a few leaks. Rubber torch needs above 55f, will that thin tar in a 5 gallon bucket at box stores...
12
12

Wire brush type
I've used a steel wire brush to get rust off auto parts for years. When the last one wore out I went to Harbor Frt to get another one. They had steel ones for $8 and Brass for $3. So I bought the...
8
8

Plastic electrical boxes.
I know that all pros hate those plastic electrical boxes, but I' have been using them anyway. Having put up drywall, I have just for the first time realized that the notches that mark how far out...
23
23