Subject Author Posted Replies

attic moisture
I am the new homeowner of a 1927 Craftsman bungalow and am very concerned after finding the unfinished attic is extremely moist to the point that the wood is damp to the touch and has what is now...
17
17

Copper Pipes / Electrical Panel Clearance
In my basement there is a cold water pipe (copper) that is approximately 1.5 feet in front of my electrical panel. It seems awfully close. Does code allow pipes to be ran this close? Amy
15
15

Storing Construction Lumber
I picked up about 40 2x4's on sale today. The intent is to use them to finish my basement at some point in the future. They were too good of a deal to pass up, but I won't finishing my...
11
11

Stuck frozen car doors
Slightly off topic Anyone got any suggestions to keep car doors from freezing stuck. Yes, I know a heated garage would help, but I dont have that. I'm looking for something to put on the door...
23
23

DTV related accidents and deaths
You're an idiot if you believe that!
31
31

Multimaster Edge cutting tool/kit.
Any opinions regarding Multimaster? As currently much advertised on TV recently. At around $400! Seems pricey even if any good? TIA.
4
4

Cleaning a bathtub
We have a downstairs bathtub that has been unused for the last 7 years. The collected dust/dirt will come off with elbow grease. However, there are suction cup marks on the floor of the tub....
7
7

I'd like some exciting drill bits
I'd like some exciting drill bits. All the drill bits I see advertised say they are boring bits. I dont want to be bored when I'm drilling, or I'll fall asleep on the job. Where can I buy...
13
13

Question about generator interties
I *think* that's the correct term, but I'm not sure; it's the gizmo one would put between a small generator, your house and the utility connection, to cut in the generator and take you...
12
12

Deco On A Slope / Retaining Wall
I am getting ready to start working on the right side of my property in time for summer, and although I am pretty handy, this job will be somewhat of a challenge and I am in need of some advice. The...
2
2

$40.00 And Done Converter Box?
x posted to alt . cable-tv alt . home . repair alt . tv . tech . hdtv Are there any recommended $40.00 preferably pass through converter boxes for sale and if so can you kindly provide a link. TIA.
22
22

Black Gutters
We live in Denver NC and have been looking for black gutters and downspouts that are ready made. Can anyone help....We need a name of a supplier
12
12

Refinishing kitchen cupboard doors.
Approx 38 year old kitchen cabinets. Doors are solid wood (probably edge glued birch?) with a maple colour finish. Doors are in good condition (not bowed or gaps etc) and hinges are good and of course...
5
5

Kilz
I know Kilz is a good primer available in oil based and latex based. My question is: is the oil based primer allowed/available in California. We are cleaning up my deceased brother's house and...
9
9

faucet that cannot be left on just a trickle
I have a single handle bath faucet that shuts itself off when I want just a trickle of flow, caused by gravity and the weight of its handle. My solution is to add a counter weight: this doesn't...
7
7