Subject Author Posted Replies

Laminate Living Room into Kitchen - Height Difference
Hi, I am wanting to install laminate flooring in my living room and continue into my kitchen. Currently, we have carpet in the living room and linoleum in the kitchen. Of course the kitchen has a sub...
26
26

Being over-run by boots & shoes.
Good grief! I'm worse than a woman, I have 11 pairs of boots/shoes. Then my wife and daughter have all their shoes/winter boots/sandals. We have limited space, since our home is a raised...
6
6

Mea culpa: yes, they *do* make solar panels w/concentrators
"SolFocus' leading CPV technology combines high-efficiency solar cells with advanced concentrating optics to provide high energy yield using just 1/1000 the amount of photovoltaic material used in...
1
1

Building a ground level deck
My wife wants me to build a deck off the back of our house and we are on a slab. There currently is a 10 x 10 concrete patio that I would build over top and the deck would be approximately 18 x 12. My...
6
6

Lawn Tractor Belt Problem Update
Last September I wrote about the mower belt slipping off the drive pulley on my Craftsman lawn tractor. I discovered the solution quite by accident while I had the mower off for the winter. There are...
2
2

F/A: in-depth painting audiobooks
How to make money painting: did not see an FAQ for this Usenet group, so if group related advertising is off-limits I apologize. http://stores.shop.ebay.com/TriTella-Trading__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Used Refrigerator Parts
I have a Whirlpool Gold refrigerator, only a couple years old. The bottom of the refrigerator-side door deteriorated to the point that it came off the hinge. It was apparently happening for some time,...
7
7

kitchen shelf idea
Hi all, was cleaning/rearranging the kitchen today and happened to make an offhand comment something like "I don't know why people build bulkheads above kitchen cabinets... it seems like a...
14
14

48 volts with switch off!
I replaced some existing incandescent bulbs by LED bulbs, then noticed that they do not switch off completely but still glow dimly. Checking the voltage at the lamp socket with a high-resistance...
35
35

power rake blades
greetings, i saw one of these at H.D...... the packaging said for walk behind mowers. i would like to get a set for my MTD riding mower and i am wondering if i can use the walk behind blade for my...
1
1

Swich Location walk-in Closet
Where should the light switch be located for my walk-in closet; In- side or Out-side the room ? How big does the closet need to be before its considered a room of its own ? (place the switch on the...
18
18

Setting up wireless home network
I am setting up home network with four PCs. One is in the office and is connected to an 802.11n wireless router via a network cable. Two others have 802.11n wireless cards. Unfortunately one PC is in...
31
31

Switch with LED Indicator
Where can I find a light switch with an indicator ? I looked the stuff from Leviton, but all of those use duplex receptacle plate with the switch on one side and an oversized Neon indicator on the...
11
11

Concrete Curing Time
I had a new 4" deep concrete driveway poured last week. How long should I wait before I should drive my sedan on it? What about allowing a small delivery truck (UPS/FedEx) to pull in?
24
24

Exterior Door Seal Question
Get some 1/4" dowel and use a 1/4" bit to drill out the old hole. I suggest drilling a 1/4" hole in a piece of scrap wood to test for fit. Apply wood glue, tap into place, flush cut excess, allow to...
6
6