Used Refrigerator Parts

I have a Whirlpool Gold refrigerator, only a couple years old. The bottom of the refrigerator-side door deteriorated to the point that it came off the hinge. It was apparently happening for some time, but was never really noticed. I jury rigged a bracket to hold the door in place, to allow opening and closing, but will ultimately have to buy a new door, since the plastic part on the bottom is not available as a replacement part.

I priced doors online, and the cost is about $500. Does anyone here know of a used appliance dealer where I can get the door, or, even better, the plasrtic bottom piece ofr a refrigerator? I have tried a few places online, but have not had much luck finding either.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Reply to
celticsoc

Look in the phone book under "metal recycling". I used to get used parts at the local recycle company. Also call the town highway departments near you. Sometimes they haul off refrigerators for the towns people. Might take some timing and patience to get the model you want.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

For something that new it makes sense to give W customer service a call, and let them know how disappointed you are. Who knows, they may have a program in place to deal with an obviously defective design. Be polite but firm, you should get a good response.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

bought a used part from him looked like new Shipping from Canada was faster then ordering from Sears Spud

Reply to
spud42

" snipped-for-privacy@aol.com" wrote in news:24a78f7a-936e-45f6- snipped-for-privacy@o11g2000yql.googlegroups.com:

Was it some oddball thing at your location that caused such severe rotting in virtually no time or is it just that they've become that much of a piece of shit?

Reply to
Red Green

I don't really know what caused it. I don't recall it getting banged. I moved it from my old house to my new house a couple years ago, and I don't recall it getting banged up then, either. I doubt it is that Whirlpool has turned bad, it is probably either a fluke or it somehow took a bump I didn't know about.

My wife said she noticed plastic on the flloor a couple times over the last couple years, but since this was on the bottom, she didn't realize its source until our son opened the door and it fell off.

Reply to
celticsoc

I agree with the advice to have a go with Whirpool. Have you read the warranty? I doubt that would still be covered, but it can't hurt to look. Whirpool might be willing to give you some break on a new part.

Otherwise with a fridge only a few years old, I think your chances of finding a door used, the right color, etc is near zero.

Reply to
trader4

Try these guys..have your model/serial/ part number (if available) handy

Rudy