Subject Author Posted Replies

Drip during heavy rain shower
hi I have a two storey house in houston texas. This friday we got about 3 inches of rain at around noon. I was in my master on the second floor for the good part of the rain. When i went to my first...
14
14

Occupancy sensor switch with CFL bulb light fixture
I want to put in an occupancy sensor wall switch to control a new ceiling light that uses a CFL bulb. The switch I want to get is a Leviton PR-150-1L. When I read the product specs online, it says it...
18
18

How to remove paint from PVC pipe?
I have a section of PVC pipe I need to put a ball valve in. The pipe was previously painted (I believe water based paint) and I need to clean that paint off so I can apply PVC primer and glue. What is...
17
17

Gutter Nail Replacement?
My gutter is coming down at one end - three consecutive nails have worked themselves out over 40 years, I guess. I climbed up there to hammer them back in, but they show almost no resistance to...
13
13

Foxtail and Oxalis Problem
I have neighbors (back and windward side) that are cultivating large swatches of foxtail and allowing oxalis to displace their newly-laid sod. I spent the day yesterday scourning my brick patio clear...
3
3

rejuvanating shoe polish
I bought some shoe polish kits with the tin of polish at the bottom and a large cap that holds the applicator and rag. I only used them a couple times but the polish is already dried out. Anyone have...
20
20

mounting a safe
I just received a very nice fireproof safe that has no mounting hardware. So it's fireproof etc but not thief proof. It's about 2 X 2 X 2. I'd like to mount the sucker down with something. I'm...
28
28

How do I remove this Honeywell thermostat?
Painting a room at a friend's new/used house. The thermostat in the picture linked below will be replaced within 6-8 weeks, but needs to remain in use until then. Otherwise, I'd just wreck the thing...
9
9

Karcher Pressure Washer question?
I have one and use it regularly. However, it no longer will syphon in any liquid through the dip hose. I've cleaned and tested the intake filter so it flows easily and the tube is clear. Can anyone...
6
6

condensate pumps
just a heads up, amazon has condensate pumps (both Little Giant and Hartell brands) for about $40 now. I'd considered buying some last year but they were all in the $70 range. I just ordered two...
2
2

Electrical question-240V breaker.
I wanted to shut off an electric wall heater so I went to the breaker box looking for a doubled 20A breaker since the heater is 3000 watts/240V. Turned off all I could find, but the heater still...
5
5

GREAT STUFF to the rescue
Pic
4
4

PTL - how long before I can finish it?
Just finished building a swingset out of PTL and plan on finishing it. This is the 'new' PTL from Home Depot that isn't green it is treated with CA- Copper Azole. Has a slight green tint to it which...
6
6

HEATING WATER
It SEEMS I can heat water faster in my microwave than I can on my stovetop. Is a microwave "more efficient" at heating water ? If so, can anyone see a time where the heat source for a home water...
16
16

Tiling shower wall -- advice needed
Hello. I had a roof leak that softened by plaster and lathe shower wall and bulged the wall. I removed all the tiles from the affected area, removed the P&L and installed Durock. I'm now ready to...
8
8