Subject Author Posted Replies

New garage
Is $6900.00 a good price for a 2 car garage with slab and 2 steel doors?
20
20

Screens for gutter downspouts
Just about every screen for use at the input of a downspout has a very fine mesh, perhaps blocking debris as small as 1/8", even though such small stuff would pass harmlessly through a typical 2x3"...
14
14

Preparing concrete slab (at grade) for ceramic tiles
The books stress having the slab flat, grinding the high spots and filling the low ones. But just how flat does it really have to be? Can't I just use a little thicker layer of mortar to fill the...
3
3

Best way to tighten / loosen faucet locknuts ??
I am trying to replace a faucet installed on a small bathroom vanity, and the locknuts holding the faucet in place are very difficult to reach. For anyone who has worked underneath sinks and replaced...
9
9

Which Decorative items Are Perfect For The Nantucket Decorating Theme?
To give your Nantucket decorating theme that finished impression, you should invest in the best suited decorative accessories. In keeping with the sense of the seaside, you will need to buy charming...

Cutting a 3" cast iron pipe
I need to cut a 3" cast iron vent pipe to tie to a new PVC vent. I am using a Milwaukee sawzall with a metal blade and it kept skidding and wouldn't start the cut at the right place. I then used a...
15
15

Storing Psint?
I've never been happy with the way paint stores over a period of years. Whenever I buy paint and store it, I'm always very meticulous about sealing the can, as well as wiping the lid and the...
22
22

Remove exterior wall studs from stuccoed wall?
Hi: I've got a couple of questions here but need to describe the situation a bit. I've got some pretty severe termite and dry rot problems around a tub area. The interior of the bathroom has...
20
20

Direct Vent vs Power Vent? Recommended for DIY-ers?
Shopping for tankless water heater & see e.g. Rheem offers both power vent and direct vent. Appears the DV models require a 5" stainless coaxial vent pipe . . . more expensive and more complicated....
26
26

"Rough" tile and baseboard
My wife and I both like the look of "rough" tile i.e. not ceramic, more natural looking tile. I am curious whether or not it is a good choice for us. We are installing a drop in tub. The tub will be...
6
6

Graphite in Locks? ...not good sometime
Recently had to have a key made for van door lock I had no key for. Locksmith lubed the lock and it wasn't graphite based. I asked why and he said because of the high humidity here in the...
18
18

OT Virus Protection
My subscription for Norton is up. I've had different Norton products for at least 12 years, have tried McAfee, which I didn't like. Norton appears to be so bloated, it slows my machine down....
82
82

Which end of roof tv antenna toward station
I bought a used rooftop tv antenna at a garage sale so there are no instructions. I know how to mount it and connect the coax, but I do not recall which end points toward the tv station transmitter. I...
39
39

WB13T10047
I have a kitchen gas stove which does not seem to spark properly. I have ordered and replaced the WB13T10047 spark module twice from 2 different suppliers I found online (D&D Appliance Parts and . The...
6
6

GE refrigerator board
Got a call today from a lady with a GSS201EMD WW GE refrigerator. From a net search, EMD might really be EMB. In any case, the temp in the box isn't dependable. She had someone out, who replaced...
4
4