Subject Author Posted Replies

Wiremold in a garage
I installed an outlet several feet from an existing outlet using NON metallic wiremold in a residential finished (plasterboard) GARAGE, which is an integral part of the house. The cable used was romex...
8
8

kill a watt ez
i posted a few days ago regarding my fridaire refrigerator seemed to be running all the time and one of the replies i got suggested buying a kill a watt meter so i got one today and the instructions...
39
39

Rain Bird Maxi-paw
I have one of these where the swing arm ain't swingin' so it just sprays out water and doesn't move around. Any suggestions for fixing it?
4
4

Sheet Rock in an Outbuilding?
I was going to use osb in my well house/shop but it is up to $14.45 a sheet. I can put in sheet rock for less than 1/2. Question: Will sheet rock be ok in an unheated outbuilding? Thanks,
8
8

Something leaving small animal parts at my door!
Five times in the past two weeks, "something" has left parts of small animals at my front door. The items range from liver, kidneys, intestines, and once a small paw like a squirrel's, but very...
33
33

black (dark wood) mulch
i recently had the landscaper mulch the beds. soon after we recieved a heavy down pour which caused the mulch to streak down the hill. it appears to have stained the lawn with what looks like a shit...
13
13

Snowbirding
Upon returning after 6 mo. the only major problem was the water heater pilot was out. I left it in the pilot position when we left. My neighbor pointed out it has a vacation position. Is it better to...
6
6

Footing insulation question
Most foam board for the outside permiter of slabs is extruded polystyrene. I do, however, have a bunch of expanded polystyrene board from a previouse job. The manufactures say it works fine, and I...
1
1

OT - Need Baby Bird Help
I just found a baby bird in our driveway under a couple of trees that have nests in them. Bird can walk - sort of - and tries to fly but can't. What should I do? Any ideas on food to set out or...
43
43

DIY skylight?
OK, the subject is going to make everyone say "no way". But wait ... We are having part of our roof reframed because it's a mess, repairing the rest and putting metal on the whole thing. It's all 3/12...
18
18

Wiremold for outdoor use?
I need to extend an 110V outdoor outlet box for 10 feet horizontally and 8 feet vertically along the outside of my house. This is for security lighting. The outside of the house is stucco. The inside...
8
8

Ultrasonic bird repellers
Does anyone have experience in using ultrasonic bird repellers? Do they work or are they just a fancy gadget that actually does very little or nothing? I need something that won't disturb my...
43
43

Needed - 250,000 Amp Main Breaker
I'm developing a magnetic neutralizer. It's purpose is to neutralize the magnetic forces of the earth, or in other words, remove gravity. The object is to allow a person to transport themselves, or...
19
19

To remodel or rebuild
My husband and I bought our house six years ago when we were in our early twenties. Boy were we stupid. We had an inspector here for three hours and there are a ton of things he didn't notice and...
18
18

Insulating parallel chord roof trusses
Anyone ever done this in a cathedral ceiling? Mine look like this (see vaulted parallel chord) would be an easy answer, but expensive. Any other ideas anyone? I'm looking for R38. Obviously, the...